Ryan Evans - Case Study
Innosight is a global growth strategy consulting firm with deep expertise in disruptive innovation and strategic transformation rooted in the thinking of Clayton M. Christensen. I was tasked, as part of a project team, with building a new public website that would not only speak to prospective clients, but would also invite prospective recruits ready to tackle big challenges.
- Increase lead generation and inquiries among executives focused on growth.
- Recruit top talent from industry and business schools.
- Differentiate from competitive set by emphasizing Innosight's new brand position - "Own the Future."
- Empower marketing staff to communicate the Innosight story with a flexible communiations toolkit.
- Reported on benchmark websites including competitors and inspirational sites.
- Facilitated discovery workshops with key stakeholders from marketing, HR, and consulting practice to prioritize site goals, explore user profiles, discuss use cases, and sketch design ideas.
- Drafted new user personas for prospective clients and recruits.
- Developed an enhanced site taxonomy and labeling system to support the new brand platform.
- Built site architecture, page flows, and clickable wireframes.
- Drafted a content migration plan covering the existing content pool, as well as newly written content.
- Conducted usability testing with Innosight clients and employees.
- Coordinated with client team, design team, implementation team, copywriter, and SEO consultants to ensure a usable, accessible site that met organizational goals and user needs.
When the site launched in late 2016, feedback from staff and consultants was overwhelmingly positive. Incoming recruiting inquiries were boosted and the marketing staff was able to more effectively leverage thought leadership content to separate Innosight from competitors. The flexible site has subsequently supported the launch and marketing of two books by Innosight authors.